Online friend-finding and dating apps seem stronger and more popular today than ever. Tinder is one app that comes to mind with millions of users of different ages swiping left and right every day. Bumble and OkCupid also have millions of users.
Another popular option that already has some history behind it is the Zoosk app. It was one of the first apps Facebook integrated back in 2007. So, if it’s still here 15 years later, it has to be doing something right! Here’s a review of Zoosk to introduce you to the service and help you make an informed decision.
How Does Zoosk Work?
If you have never tried a dating app before, this one might seem a little confusing. With all the features, bells, and whistles it throws at you, it’s not easy to figure it out. So what is Zoosk.com? This dating website and app is designed to find a soulmate, a friend, or just someone to talk to both via letters and chats. The service has been operating since 2007 with around 35 million people visiting it every day. The website is where you’ll find people from all over the world. It’s available in 80 countries and is translated into 25 languages. The service also offers a handy mobile application for iOs and Android, which you can download online. Keep reading this Zoosk review to learn more.
Why is Zoosk Good?
- A massive number of chat rooms to talk to people on the site
- Competent customer support
- All profile photos go through the process of verification
- Advanced search option (apart from age and gender, you can also choose body type, religion, etc.)
- There is a special way to select a partner based on the CyberCupid algorithm
Another interesting thing about this site is the way of registration. No, there’s nothing complicated about it. In addition to the standard information like phone number and email, you’ll also have to share some info on your education and attitude to smoking.
To get well acquainted with the site, go through the tutorial steps provided. For instance, CyberCupid analyzes your data, interests, and preferences in a partner. Based on these, the service automatically selects a suitable candidate. There’s also a wide variety of chat rooms: local, group, regional, and video chats. Users can also use all kinds of emojis and stickers.
How to Create a Zoosk Account
Although Facebook has incorporated many applications into the hookup site over the years, you can still find and add this app. When you go through the Zoosk sign up process, you can link it to your Facebook profile after verification.
You can also sign up via a Google account, something many competitors don’t offer. You might choose not to link your Zoosk account to any social media accounts at all. This, however, will leave you with a rather simple profile.
After you tell Zoosk your age and who you’re looking for, the service will prompt you to upload a photo and fill out a short self-assessment. That includes:
- Body type
- Parental status (no details required, just specify if you have kids or not)
- Smoking status
After providing some superficial information about yourself, you’re ready to browse. Other apps might require a more extensive profile creation process. Zoosk prefers to regularly prompt you to add additional profile information and confirm your email address every time you use your Zoosk log in and do a search.
Once you’ve confirmed your email address, you can select your displayed name and add your profession, income, and marital status. If you want, you can also add a small essay about yourself and some words about your perfect partner and your perfect date.
Main Features of Zoosk Dating Site
This dating website is packed with features. Some of them are free to use and some of them are paid. You can sign up and test the service’s main features for free before upgrading your account and becoming a Zoosk member.
Here are some of the main features you might come across on the website:
- Dating insights
- Super Send
This is the website’s main matchmaking feature. It introduces you to Zoosk users through a sort of a roulette wheel. You can send them signs of attention or disregard them if they are not your type.
This feature uses a so-called Behavioral Matchmaking algorithm. It offers a more manageable search for profiles that exactly match the ones you’ve liked in the past. It also removes profiles with information that matches the ones you’ve previously rejected.
As you use the website, its algorithm takes note of your actions, remembers them, and provides you with this valuable information. You can use it to understand what kind of people might be interested in you.
When you browse Zoosk profiles, you can add people as Connections. The website’s AI then informs them about your interest. Once they respond to a flirt or some other sign of attention, they become your Connection.
It’s more or less dating spam. You can choose a template message, or write it yourself and then send it to “a large group of people in your area and age range”. Once interested people respond, you can start chatting. You are limited to just one SuperSend in a 15-hour period.
This feature makes you more visible to other users. Using it allows a larger number of people to notice your profile and contact you. This, however, is a premium feature and you’ll have to pay for it.
Zoosk Dating Website: Pros and Cons
There’s a lot to like about this website and its features. For many fans of online dating, the experience might be quite addictive. But just like any matchmaking service, this one comes with both benefits and shortcomings. Here are the ones we’ve noticed.
- Free online registration and the opportunity to try the site’s main features before purchasing a paid subscription.
- Photo verification. You can be sure that no one’s using random photos stolen from someone’s social media. All people here are real.
- Lots of users, which gives you an opportunity to choose a partner that matches your personality and preferences.
- You can use the CyberCupid service that helps you find your perfect match.
- No matter where you are on a sexual spectrum, you can use the service without restrictions.
- The main purpose of the site is friendly communication, chatting, and finding like-minded people. It would be extremely difficult to meet a soulmate and build a strong relationship here.
- The search parameters are not elaborated enough.
Is Zoosk Legit?
If you are a complete newbie when it comes to dating apps, you might have certain doubts about Zoosk. That’s understandable: there are lots of scammers out there and you don’t want to become one of their victims.
The short answer to the question is yes, Zoosk is very legit. There are a few arguments to support this claim. Here’s the truth about Zoosk legitimacy.
- It’s one of the biggest and oldest dating websites with over 27 million users. It’s been around for 15 years now and its popularity is never waning.
- They give you an opportunity to start with a free account and test all the main features before you make a decision of buying a subscription. Signing up is easy and takes a minute or two. As a free account user, you can search for profiles, view them, and send flirts without limitations.
- Zoosk website gets a lot of praise both from users and businesses. The website members are happy about the successful dating experience and business experts are impressed by the website’s powerful matchmaking AI.
- The dating service uses multiple methods of protection against scammers and hackers. There’s 24/7 customer support that’s there for you whenever you have an issue. Users can report and block any suspicious profiles.
What is Zoosk Price?
As is the usual practice with many similar services, there are two premium options. You can buy a monthly subscription to enjoy all the premium features for a month (or however long your subscription is). And there’s a one-off option to buy credits to pay for separate features.
Things you can get for free:
- Sign up
- Profile customization
- Profile browsing
If you read some Zoosk reviews, you probably know that the prices for premium features can change. But right now the pricing looks as follows:
|Term||Item Price||Total Price|
To make this Zoosk.com review more complete, we can’t help but mention another way to pay for premium features, coins.
|Amount||Item Price||Total Price|
Check out the website’s Pricing page for any updates in charges or new premium features.
Total Zoosk Rating
It’s no secret that the majority of Zoosk.com reviews are highly positive. There’s a good reason for that: the website’s staff works hard to please its audience. Here’s what we think about the quality and execution of multiple aspects of this dating website.
|Ease of Use||9.8./10.0|